Friday, May 6, 2011

8 more days!

Hallo ;)


So here it is, my last week in the U.S for the next 3 months. I am so excited to have the opportunity to do this, but I am going to miss my dogs so much. As I sit here and write this I want to cry because I love them so much. I know that's ridiculous, but seriously my dogs are my best friends. I'll miss my parents too, they have done so much for me throughout my life, and although we do not agree on a lot of things they still do lots of things for me. So thank you mom and dad for putting up with my bitchiness. Tonight I went out to my favorite Mexican restaurant and tomorrow I will go to the mall for the last time, although I think my mom is happy about this....she won't have to dish out money to me for the next 3 months.

I began packing for college too, so I have nothing to wear basically because everything is either packed for Germany or college, haha. Also on Monday I finished my 2nd year of college. I am so happy too! No more college for 3 months! YES!

Also I began to make copies of all my paperwork for Germany, and I still need to make copies of my driver's license, immunization records, passport, and debit card.  My mom and I got into a little fight over whether I should carry cash on me or put all of it on my debit card and take it out when I get to Germany. In the end after 2 days of arguing about it I guess I am putting all my money on a debit card except for like $250 and then when I get there I'll take the rest out. It makes sense because I don't really want to carry all that money in cash through an airport. And so, now I am down to 8 days and goodness i've been waiting like 8 months for this! haha. Well until next Thursday everyone enjoy their weekend. And Happy Mother's Day! Love you mommy!

Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I came accross your lovely blog while looking for some useful information about au pairin :D

    I myself come from Finland and lately the thought of leaving for Germany as an au pair has been spinning on my mind. However, the language isn't one of my biggest strenghts, and therefore I'm a bit worried about the problems that that could cause.

    So, what I'd like to know, is that had you been studying the language before leaving for Germany - if so, then for how long?

    I know that the best way to learn the language is to be there, where it's spoken. But, still, I can't help thinking of all the fails in grammatic that I'd probably do during my stay :/ And if my English is already this bad, then who knows what my German would be xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I say you should do it! I am not good with the language either...but going to the mother country will help you the best!! I studied German for 2 years before, but my German is still horrible but everything is okay..I have only been here for a week and so far nothing terrible has happened:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for making this blog! i have been looking legit everywhere for something like this! I found you on youtube and messaged you on there, then realized you had this blog!

    I will au pair in denmark but will spend a lot of time in hamburg bec. my host has a bf there and does much shopping there since we are just on the boarder!

    if you could give me any tips and knowledge you have gained, i would so appreciate it!
    It's nice to hear about someone who is doing this close to where i will because no one i know has done this so cant fully appreciate it!

    thank youu :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! No Problem! I will be honest and say it is really hard to keep up with this Blog though. I always want to be out exploring or out with friends. Have you met any friends yet? Try interpals.com because I found some friends there. When do you leave for Denmark? Hamburg is beautiful, but be prepared to spend a lot of money haha...I was almost broke in my first month! See as much as you can, you will realize that when you go home that there is so much you could have seen! I first started with Hamburg and am slowly making m way outside of Hamburg looking at other small towns:)

    ReplyDelete